Spencer Clarke Group are currently recruiting for a Adaptation’s Surveyor to work in the Hillingdon area.
A local authority based in Hillingdon have a fantastic opportunity for a Adaptation’s Surveyor to join their team.
Purpose of the role:
- Reviewing and constructively challenging independently assessments and recommendations where required,
- Specifying works, scrutinising the schedule of rates and agreed prices,
- Undertaking inspections ensuring that plans and specifications are being followed correctly by contractors and the work is carried out in compliance with the council’s requirements, in particular with regard to health and safety.
- Certification of all disabilities facilities grants and home adaptations completed
- Confirm payments of invoices for their portfolio of contractors and programme of works.
- Lead the contract management of a portfolio of contractors challenging under performance, setting and monitoring key indicators in line with the set contract to evaluate performance. Develop a strong commercial relationship with contractors to ensure that programmes of work are delivered to specified contract requirements for cost, quality and time.
- Provide challenge to existing procedures and identify, develop and implement cost effective, innovative solutions that improve business processes and implement new ways of working that will enhance services.
- Establish, lead and manage cross-cutting project teams that include staff from within and outside the Council to support the delivery of the housing strategy in relation to adaptations and other corporate priorities for residents. This will include improving business processes and procedures with other teams, contractors and staff from housing, social care and health services
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Construction/Surveying/ property related Degree, Higher Education Qualification or equivalent experience
- Able to fully access buildings/building sites/ rough ground in order to carry out aspects of the role
- Significant experience of managing construction or building and community projects at a senior level in a housing based service within a large complex organisation. This includes preparing accurate specifications and undertaking inspections of works
- Significant experience in leading and working collaboratively with contractors and trades to deliver a service to budget, on time and within the quality expected by the resident and the organisation. Experience of successfully challenging contractors where required to achieve the required standards
- Significant experience of identifying, engaging with and contract managing a diverse range of contractors and stakeholders, addressing issues through negotiation to reach a successful resolution
- Excellent and proven project management and problem solving skills including the ability to manage a variety of projects and carry them through to a successful outcome within budget. Skills to successfully lead high profile project work, to deliver corporate priorities
- Sound understanding of the housing grants, disabilities facilities grants and home adaptations service management process
- Excellent and proven knowledge and understanding of regulatory, statutory and legislative requirements in relation to property maintenance and construction. Ability to prepare specifications, schedules of rates, design drawings, planning and building regulation applications
If you’re interested in the role and would like to apply, please email your up to date CV to email@example.com or call Chris on 01772 954 200