Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Halton Borough Council to appoint an Area Planning Officer to their team.
4 month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Working Hours – 37 per week. (09:00 to 17:30)
Location – Widness, WA8 7QF.
Rate of Pay – £16.26+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience, please state your desired rate.
*** Candidates must have experience in Planning applications and development control ***
About the Role;
Dealing with Planning applications and pre application enquiries.
- To deal with the full range of planning applications and associated consents, their professional analysis and appraisal, and with planning appeals and Inquiries.
- To provide professional advice, support and expertise, including giving formal presentations to the Development Control Committee.
- To provide specific specialist planning advice in respect of environmental assessment, conservation and listed buildings, enforcement and pre-application advice within the experience and training of the post-holder and to prepare guidance and instruction for users of the service in respect of these specialist matters.
- Dealing with elected members, statutory agencies, the public and other bodies on planning matters as well as allied activity.
- Preparing reports and recommendations in respect of planning applications and other associated activity for assessment and the agreement of the Operational Director.
- Other duties including the maintenance of all necessary statutory records, ensuring that on-going development is checked and monitored and relevant policy documents are regularly reviewed and updated (within the qualifications and experience of the post-holder) as required by the Operational Director including cover for absent colleagues.
- To assist with the rolling out of programmes of continuous improvement, identifying good practice and innovation.
- The post-holder will also undertake all other aspects of planning, and allied working including assisting with policy formulation commensurate with the level of expertise and qualifications of the post-holder.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time, which are commensurate with the grade of the job.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- Reference contact details covering your last Three years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
- Degree level or equivalent e.g. NVQ level 4 &/or relevant experience.
- UK Driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.