Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Action For Children to appoint 3x Assistant Residential Worker to their team.
1 – 3 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Hours – 30 Hours a week, (7 Days shift rota working hours between 7am to 10pm)
Location – Shropshire, SY2 5XW.
Rate of Pay – £11.15+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
About the Role
Work as a team and individually to provide a flexible responsive, high quality and person centred care to children young people and their families based on an assessment of need and to access to a range of stimulating and safe activities and experiences within and external to the home.
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with children young people and their families by providing emotional, social and practical support to young people who can display challenging emotional and social difficulties.
- Establish relationships and links within the community to assist the child, young person and their family.
- Support children and young people in their personal care, administration of medication and clinical procedures in line with organisational policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the views and needs of children/young people are heard and responded to by promoting communication and participation.
- Maintain registration requirements in line with the required bodies and Action for Children is notified of any circumstances which could affect your registration status.
- Undertake routine household tasks e.g. cooking washing shopping and/or supporting young people to undertake these tasks to enable the smooth running of the home and to promote independence.
- Contribute to the development and evaluation of care plans and input to service planning meetings where required and attend meetings as directed, reporting issues raised to line management.
- Refer issues as appropriate that requires specialist or management support.
- Record observations and maintain up to date files (paper and electronic), utilising agreed systems and procedures; undertake administrative processes as necessary to maintain systems, procedures and office practices.
We are welcoming applications from Family Support Workers, Contact supervisors, Residential Child Care Workers and Newly Qualified Social Workers, as this is an excellent opportunity to secure your first role in a local authority.
Previous candidates have gone on to secure newly qualified roles further demonstrating the opportunities at hand.
- Eligibility To Work In The UK. (Passport)
- Two Reference Contact Details. (names, numbers and email addresses)
- Enhanced DBS (Children)
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.