Spencer Clarke Group are looking for a Band 8b Head of Media as part of the NHS based in Stratford, London.
*Part Remote Working/Part Office Based*
Contract – 3 month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Working hours – Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Rate of pay: £38+ per hour
This role also attracts an on call payment of 3%.
Negotiable depending on experience
About the role
- Take responsibility for the strategic direction of the media relations programme, and day to day management of the media team
- Oversee long-term media planning and strategy development within the communications directorate ensuring media planning is integrated with wider external communications activities
- Continuously identifying opportunities for improving the Institute’s work in the area of media relations
- Commissioning and managing complex audits of the team’s activities to assess its effectiveness and to influence the strategy for working with the press and in producing multimedia content
- Providing management and leadership to the media team, assigning responsibility for individual projects, providing day to day technical support and balancing the workloads of individual team members to achieve the directorate’s objectives and targets
- Postgraduate diploma, or equivalent qualification, in science, health or journalism and significant experience in leading a press office or team of journalists or equivalent
- Knowledge of new developments in digital and ability to incorporate them into an unfolding strategy
- At least 3 years experience of managing a busy media team in a high-profile organisation
- We offer a £250 referral bonus – so please pass on any details to someone who you think may be interested!
- We supply to hundreds of councils across the UK!
- Nationwide Supplier to the NHS!
If you are interested in the role, please contact Adam @ Spencer Clarke Group – 01772 954200 / email@example.com