Your key responsibilities will be:
- Prepare complex new works and maintenance scheme designs using engineering design standards, appropriate advice, guidance and codes of practice and act as ‘CDM’ principal designer and/or project manager where appropriate.
- Collect and utilise technical data in order to prepare costs estimates, specifications, drawings, contract documents, bills of quantities and schedules of work.
- Provide advice and produce reports for Council representatives and others.
- Carry out inspections and surveys and if appropriate initiate or assist with remedial action in the event of asset failure.
- Manage and supervise other technical staff within the team ensuring that work delivery packages and/or programmes are prepared and delivered on site to a high standard.
- Liaise with other Council departments/sections, agents, developers and other outside bodies and make recommendations as appropriate and ensure co-ordination of activities.
- Provide effective safety and performance management, and the coordination of resources, within the team, including the planning and allocation work and training.
- Manage the Council’s bridges and retaining wall assets, including both the development of maintenance programmes and bids for funding, and the control of activities that affect these assets including supervising the inspection programme.
- Manage, monitor and control scheme and works order budgets and assist with the management of the internal budget of the team.
- Benchmark team standards, and monitor and review standard procedures and operational practices and revise these documents and practices as necessary
- Level 7 qualification e.g. Post Graduate Certificates and Diplomas with a considerable breadth and depth of knowledge across the relevant specialist area, or a range of areasOr Evidence of the equivalent level of knowledge gained through work experience
- Chartered Engineer (C.Eng) through membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers
- Extensive experience of designing and supervising complex highway structures schemes, and undertaking the role of project manager and/or CDM principle designer for complex and other schemes.
- Considerable experience of highway structures practice and procedures in a local government environment.
- Producing complex technical and/or Member reports and presenting where appropriate at Member meetings and similar liaison forums
- Detailed knowledge of highway structures and safety legislation and its practical application. (e.g. Highways Act 1980, Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, Health and Safety at Work etc. Act, Construction Design and Management Regulations 2015).
- Utilising a range of ICT systems and applications
If you wish to apply for this role then please respond with your recent CV.