Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Lambeth Council to hire a Business and Programme Delivery Manager.
Stretching from Waterloo and Vauxhall in the North to Streatham and Norwood in the South, Lambeth is dynamic and fascinating in terms of the range of its locations with world class architects, leading developers and several renowned cultural institutions working in partnership with the Council. The borough has a distinctive mix of fashionable, vibrant central London night-time and cultural locations and this feeds into the work that Sustainable, Growth and Opportunities (SGO) Directorate carries out – this role fits into a critical area of SGO that is focused on providing finance management/administration to income streams generated, delivering projects including a wider business improvement programme –
• You should have the ability to manage competing pressures and recognize the importance of both having a focus on managing the team whilst balancing this with a strong ambition for delivery.
• You need to have a strong understanding of business and programme delivery ‘engine room’ functions such as back-office finance requirements.
• A need to understand differing income generating business models and support the resourcing and finance programme management requirements relating to the Directorate’s Planning Performance Agreements.
• Must have experience of managing budgets along with associated monitoring and forecast methodologies.
• The role carries a wide remit which includes responsibility for the development, implementation and management of a multi-disciplinary team who provide a range of functions including operational, project and systems development functions for the ECS division and the wider SGO Directorate.
• Also need experience and business nous to make swift decisions on a range of matters pertinent to the role need to have plenty of energy and dynamism. Pragmatic and collaborative working style important and ability to flex approach, using creative thinking and solutions where appropriate to develop existing processes to evolve with technological advancements as well as possessing strong problem-solving skills with an ability to think and act quickly, weighing up any risks deftly.
• Key to the role will be a fearless attitude with a relaxed mindset that can recognize where an approach may need to flex and change to suit a specific requirement.
If you then wish to apply please send your CV below and contact Thomas Humphreys at Spencer Clarke Group.