Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside West Berkshire Council to provide them with a Care Placement Officer on a 3-6 month initial contract which may be extended.
This role is 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday and offers a pay rate of £12-£13 per hour. This may be negotiable dependent on your experience.
Mainly remote working with occassional requirement to attend office in Newbury at the managers request.
As a successful Care Placement Officer, your duties will be:
- Process placement requests from social workers / area teams.
- Initiate searches with providers.
- Record results on Care Director on an ongoing basis. This may include searches for independent foster care (IFA), residential care, parenting assessment placements, 16+ supported accommodation, education placements OR other needs as they arise.
- Draft placement templates / spot purchase order forms and liaise with relevant team / manager for sign off and ensure these are added to the system accordingly.
- Add placement details to Care Director as required, ensuring relevant finance teams are updated of any changes.
- Communicate with partner colleagues on both South Central IFA and Residential frameworks. Liaise with duty team colleagues (in particular Family Placement Team) to review ongoing search progress and record information around placement searching activities.
- Support information requests as required for Accommodation & Resources (A&R) panel as required. This meeting is held every two weeks to discuss / agree costs for placements.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working within the statutory, private or voluntary sector service.
- Ability to understand and access the needs of vulnerable children
- Understanding of the local government environment
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. firstname.lastname@example.org / 01772 954 200