Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Islington Council to provide them a with a Chief Contract Lawyer (Remote Working) join their team on a Contract Basis!
** Full Time to start ASAP (6 Month ongoing) **
Rate – £300 to £500 per day – (negotiable dependent upon experience)
- Plan, co-ordinate and undertake the legal work in support of the Council’s functions relating to contracts, procurement, economic regeneration and such other functions as may be assigned to the post holder from time to time by the Corporate Director of resources, Director of Law and Governance or Assistant Director of Law (Commercial and Environment).
- Undertake a substantial personal caseload of the most complex contract and commercial work including the provision of legal advice and drafting of complex documentation.
- Draft, negotiate and agree documentation for all types of contract and commercial transactions and as required, legal documentation for other transactions.
- Assist as necessary with major development projects and to attend project meetings as required.
- Act as Client Officer in respect of any contract related legal work which might be carried out by external providers.
- Be responsible for the management and development of staff within the Contracts Team and to ensure that the work of the team is carried out to the highest standard.
- Investigate and advise on contract claims by or against the Council including those arising out of building contracts.
- Undertake civil litigation and arbitration arising out of contracts and to advise on and negotiate settlements as appropriate.
- A minimum of four years’ post-qualification experience in the contract area or exceptional experience of shorter duration
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of and ability to apply the law relating to contract, commercial law and tort (including building contract law) including recent and proposed changes
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Khalsa Singh @ Spencer Clarke group – firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers