~ Children & Family Support Worker ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Bolton Council to appoint a Children & Family Support Worker to their Looked After Children (LAC) Team.
3 – 6 months agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
1x Full Time Position, 1x Part Time Position.
Location – Bolton, BL3 6HU. (Some home working/remote working will be involved)
Rate of Pay – £12.92+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
*** Experience with LAC / EHAT ***
About the Role;
To work with, identify and assess the needs of children and their families effectively utilising a number of assessment and intervention tools in line with Early Help processes and the Greater Manchester Early Years Delivery Model.
- To work with vulnerable families who may have complex needs.
- Contribute to protecting children and young people from danger, harm and abuse, assessing and acting upon risk and supporting children that have been abused.
- Establish and maintain relationships with parents supporting them through group activities and to deliver a variety of evidence based parenting sessions, in line with Greater Manchester delivery models.
- To work with vulnerable families who may have complex needs and those who find services hard to reach, supporting them to develop and maintain relationships in their wider social environments and working with them in times of crisis.
- To prepare clear and concise reports on individual children and families progress as required in collaboration with parents and carers and to occasionally provide written and verbal information to the court system.
- To work in partnership with families in their own home, providing them with practical and personal support to enable them to function more effectively as family unit, negotiating desired outcomes and preparing programmes of activities as part of a family plan, Early Help or Early Support Plans.
We are welcoming applications from Contact supervisors, Residential Child Care Workers and Newly Qualified Social Workers, as this is an excellent opportunity to secure your first role in a local authority.
Previous candidates have gone on to secure newly qualified roles further demonstrating the opportunities at hand.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport etc.)
- Enhanced DBS check, dated within the last 12 months. (Children)
- Reference Contact Details covering the last two years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
- Driving license and access to a car.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.