Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Shropshire Council to appoint a Communications Officer to their Marketing & Communications Team.
3 – 6 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Location – Shrewsbury, SY2 6ND.
(This role will be working from home, a laptop will be provided)
Rate of Pay – £14.38+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
About the Role;
The post holder will be responsible for helping to deliver the council’s strategic communications activities, including high-profile internal and external campaigns to support the delivery of its vision and to protect and enhance its reputation.
- Devise and help to deliver communications campaigns and initiatives on time and within allocated agreed spend to the standards of the council as a whole
- Promote council services, initiatives and campaigns via the council’s social media channels.
- Build relations and work closely with both internal and external partners in order to achieve specified outcomes.
- Support with the production of videos and photographs.
- Support the communications team to deliver to the highest, award-winning standards.
- Deliver and support communications campaigns and projects Work closely with the web team and customer services team on external communications campaigns and initiatives.
- Responsible for assisting the corporate direction of the communications agenda, with the aim of adopting new technologies to improve the customer experience for residents and businesses.
- Support the team in responding to emergencies or major incidents.
- Be compliant with Financial, Procurement, and Information Governance Rules.
- Support with media relations, including writing press releases and dealing with enquiries from the media.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport, Birth Certificate etc..)
- Reference contact details covering the last three years of employment. (Names, Numbers and email addresses)
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.