Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Oxfordshire County Council to provide them a with a Community Support Worker to join their team on a 6 Month Contact, likely to be extended.
This role is 37 hours per week and offers a pay rate of £15.00 to £17.00 per hour. This may be negotiable dependent on your experience. Due to these jobs being highly sort after, if you’re interested please send your CV ASAP to be considered.
The purpose of the job: To work with children and young people who, after full assessment, are deemed to need permanent care away from their own home, or a significant period of substitute care, whether subject to Care Orders or under Section 20 voluntarily accommodated. To support Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children and Young people including accompanying them to Home Office appointments and legal appointments in conjunction with their immigration.
As a successful Community Support Worker, you will:
- To work closely with young people, social workers and personal advisors, foster carers, housing support workers, in the provision of the physical, social and emotional care needs of the children and young people; being aware that English may not be a first language.
- To offer direct work to support young people in developing skills and strategies to manage, including budgeting, as per agreed care/pathway plan.
- To complete direct work/life story work with children and young people under the guidance of the social worker/manager.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Has worked with children and families (includes in a related field such as a student or volunteer)
- Understanding of the need for provision of high quality and effective services in the context of efficient use of resources
- Able to demonstrate good professional analytic, risk assessment and decision-making skills
- Demonstrable ability to act with high levels of trust and personal accountability
- Is flexible and able to use their initiative, whilst accepting the need to work within policies and procedures.
- Commitment to, and understanding of, the principles of Equal Opportunities for all, in employment and the delivery of services.
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Thomas @ Spencer Clarke group – firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers