Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with St Helens Council to appoint an Corporate Payroll Manager to their team.
Contract – 3 month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Working Hours – Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Rate of Pay –£22 per hour.
About the role
To be the lead officer for the provision of an effective Payroll & Pension service to the Council and External bodies. To drive the section forward technologically and strategically in line with the Corporate & Departmental Plans
- To have overall responsibility for the operation of the Council’s Zellie Resource Link Payroll System and to ensure the continuous improvement of the provision.
- To liaise with Council Senior Officers and Departments and External Bodies as required regarding service provision and to ensure that the service meets their requirements and those of relevant legislation / best practice and that deadlines are set and maintained.
- To ensure compliance with both Statutory and Contractual legislation / best practice in relation to remuneration and pensions and to implement such changes as may be necessary for compliance and to deliver efficiencies.
- To oversee, audit and scrutinise the complete operation of the payroll function, giving advice and guidance when necessary, ensuring all services are delivered within legislative boundaries and current Council procedures.
- To provide advice to the Head of Human Resources, Councillors and managers as and when required on Payroll and Pensions issues and associated matters.
- To ensure that the disaster recovery processes are maintained, updated and tested in case of systems failure.
Must have Zellis resource link pay roll experience.
Spencer Clarke Group supply to over 80 Council’s nationwide and if you would like to find more about any roles we have available, get in touch and contact one of our consultants.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Richard on 01772 954200 as soon as possible.