~ Domestic Abuse Help Line & Intake Practitioner ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Wakefield Council to appoint an Domestic Abuse Help Line & Intake Practitioner to work with Wakefield District Domestic Abuse Service (WDDAS).
3 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Full Time Position. (37 Hours)
Location – Normanton, WF6 1FD.
Rate of Pay – £14.86+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
About the Role;
To deliver a help line and intake service, to provide initial contact, support and a consistent referral intake pathway for those wishing to access WDDAS.
- To act as a first point of contact for all enquiries and referrals to the service.
- Operate as part of a team in providing a helpline response, offering advice and information to public and professionals in relation to victims and perpetrators of domestic abuse.
- Receive and process agency referrals and self-referrals in to the service.
- Work as part of a team to triage referrals in to the service, prioritising those at highest risk of harm.
- Liaise with referring agency where there are gaps of information in referral and/or to clarify information.
- Make initial contact with clients to establish engagement for support and to assess suitability of referral.
- Provide immediate support and safety planning to domestic abuse victims, including advice, emotional support, information around civil and criminal remedies, refuge placement and necessary interventions such as target hardening.
- Provide immediate safety and service information, signposting or providing onward referrals to appropriate services as required/appropriate. (Inc. Freedom Programme, Victim Support, Housing) and record all actions.
- Identify and assess the risks and needs of domestic abuse victims using an evidence-based risk identification checklist (e.g. DASH 2009).
- Complete initial assessments and record any immediate needs prior to allocation for longer specialist domestic abuse support (provided by a Specialist Domestic Abuse Practitioner – SDAP).
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport etc.)
- Reference Contact Details covering the last Five years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.