Spencer Clarke Group are working in Partnership with Shropshire Council to appoint an Environmental Health Officer to their team. The role is on a full time, agency contract for a minimum of 3 months which is highly likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
Working Hours – Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Rate of Pay –£16 per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
About the role:
The post will deliver a range of animal health and feed hygiene functions with a focus on animal health and welfare, disease control, feed safety and protecting the food chain.
Key Duties include:
- Deliver operational action plans and projects across a wide range animal health and welfare, disease control and feed safety areas, in either a lead or support role, in order to raise standards of compliance and deliver improved regulatory outcomes in the service area.
- Support the development and delivery of a programme of regulatory and enforcement projects and activities to identify and reduce risks to residents and businesses in order to achieve Regulatory Services outcomes.
- Utilise a range of regulatory approaches including evidence-based research, risk assessment, intelligence-led targeting in order to identify and investigate business activities or environmental practices which present a significant risk to the health, safety, prosperity and wellbeing of the wider community.
- Undertake comprehensive and professional research and analysis across a wide range of regulatory functions in order to provide businesses with high quality, accurate and timely advice on the implementation of complex legislation and standards in operation across the UK and EU
- Plan and undertake complex investigations in accordance with the Enforcement Policy and collect and prepare evidence and investigation reports to ensure that prosecution cases meet the very highest legal and professional standards and achieve successful outcomes.
Get in Touch!
We supply to over 80 Council’s nationwide so if you would like to know more about our vacancies, please contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated, expert consultant with extensive market knowledge.
Here are just a few of the benefits of working with us:
- Access to a huge range of excusive temporary and permanent opportunities
- Subsidised training specific to your role
- Loyalty Reward Scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers.
- Market Leading referrals of up to £500.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group as soon as possible on 01772 954200.