Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Northampton County Councilto appoint an Interim Executive Director to theirteam.
Contract – Long Term Agency Contract
Rate of Pay – £600 – £800 per day – Negotiable depending on experience.
About the Role
Provide leadership and strategic direction, inspire team working and high standards of service delivery, ensuring that mechanisms are put in place to deliver and sustain, outstanding services and value for money.
Strategically shaping place and economic growth and increase the Council’s participation, visibility and reputation through the development of corporate relationships and partnership working across the county, the region and nationally.
Responsible for identifying and pursuing all opportunities to develop commercial potential to grow new and existing revenue streams using Council assets & expertise, reducing delivery costs and positively reengineering ways of delivering Council and place objectives in a cost efficient manner.
- The Director will provide leadership and commercial expertise, which includes being the strategic lead for the Council’s work on commercial, contract management and sourcing activities. The Director will also lead the conversion of new thinking and ideas into commercial delivery, utilising appropriate delivery models to create innovation and value for money.
- Lead the development and growth of new and existing, income streams for the organisation that generate sufficient surplus for investment in further opportunities and to help contribute to sustainably funding priority and statutory Council services.
- Lead the development of key relationships for the Council with external organisations to enable the delivery of effective outcomes through new business ventures and collaborations.
- Work closely with the Director of Transformation to actively review all services under the remit of this post to identify and ‘right source’ for their future delivery including consideration of outsourcing, co-sourcing or in-sourcing to ensure the most effective and efficient delivery methods are employed. his is set in the context of the future proposed implementation of two unitary authorities and ensuring that appropriate models are fit for purpose and future proofed.
- Strategically lead the waste disposal service provided by the Council as the Waste Disposal Authority, ensuring value for money and develop effective partnership working with the district and borough council’s to optimise the value potential of an integrated end to end waste system that aims to maximise recycling rates and efficiency of service delivery.
- Take the strategic lead in planning and design of services where new partnerships and delivery vehicles can be developed to facilitate the best possible outcomes for the citizens and communities of Northamptonshire sustainably within the funds available.
Spencer Clarke Group supply to over 80 Council’s nationwide and if you would like to find more about any roles we have available, get in touch and contact one of our consultants.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and contact Richard on 01772 954200 as soon as possible.