Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Dudley Councilto appointa Family Support Worker to their team.
Contract –Long Term Agency contract.
Rate of Pay –£11-14 per hour depending on experience.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced family support worker to join the early help team at Dudley Council. Based at Stourbridge Children’s & Families centre, you will be carrying out high quality early help assessments, develop and implement high quality early help support plans.
- Working in partnership with families to ensure that they are provided with the right support at the right time to promote the welfare of children and young people living within the family.
- Reducing the risk of abuse and neglect and the need for statutory social care intervention. Proactively engage and support the most vulnerable and challenging children, young people and their families to strengthen the family and improve their outcomes, develop their resilience and reduce dependency upon specialist services.
- Delivering a ‘Think Family’ approach ensuring that all services working with the family are coordinated and work effectively together whilst maintaining a focus upon the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people.
- Implementing, monitoring and reviewing family support intervention plans, including the delivery of evidence based parenting programmes, activities and group work sessions to strengthen family resilience.
- Enabling the development of positive strategies to enable families to gain and maintain independence and control over all aspects of their lives and contribute positively within the community.
- Working assertively with families with complex often interrelated problems including reducing truancy and school exclusion, improving under attainment and aspiration through education, learning and employment, reducing antisocial behaviour and crime, improving health and developing a healthy lifestyle, maintaining and sustaining tenancies.
- Contributing to high quality assessments to secure the best outcomes for children and young people.
- Working alongside social workers to implement the Care plan when statutory intervention is required. Ensuring that all children, young people and vulnerable adults are adequately protected in line with Dudley Safeguarding Children and Adult Board reporting procedures.
- Working as an effective team member positively implementing the Early Help strategy, prioritising the needs of families in need of support and intervention
Spencer Clarke Group supply to over 80 Council’s nationwide and if you would like to find more about any roles we have available, get in touch and contact one of our consultants.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Richard on 01772 954200 as soon as possible.