Homeless Reduction Act, HRA
Spencer Clarke Group are working alongside Brent Council to hire a Hospital Discharge Housing Officer whom has in depth knowledge of the Homlessness Reduction Act (HRA).
These roles are often highly sought after so if you are interested in applying then please send your CV below ASAP.
To be responsible for the provision of high quality housing options, advice and assistance to people living in supported housing, hostels and Registered Care Homes to enable them to move into secure and settled alternative accommodation.
This will involve assisting clients to avoid the experience of temporary accommodation by engaging with all necessary parties including landlords and other excluders to stop the loss of their current accommodation followed by a planned move to the Private Rented Sector where appropriate. The postholder will have the ability to deal with a range of cases, including complex cases which may be subject to judicial review and ombudsman enquiries.
The postholder will have a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge of relevant legislation, policy and procedures on homelessness and to provide innovative advice and solutions when dealing with complex and difficult cases. The postholder will lead on carrying out assessments and referrals and manage waiting lists/vacancies for supported accommodation, making decisions in order that suitable clients are matched to the most appropriate vacancy. The post holder is responsible for facilitating safe and timely discharge from hospital and works closely with hospital staff to make this happen and support discharge from hospitals for all Brent residents who need support from social care or housing on discharge including:
• Comprehensive knowledge of all core legislation such as the Housing Act 1996 as amended by Homelessness Act 2002, the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017, housing needs issues, related legislation and case law.
• A good working knowledge of housing benefit rules and of the supply and demand issues related to public sector and private housing in an inner London council.
• Comprehensive knowledge of prevention tools and options
• Experience of giving advice and information to vulnerable customers and working in a busy front line customer focused environment.
• Strong and effective experience in provision of exceptional customer services.
• Worked with households experiencing a housing crisis and the provision of advice and assistance covering a range of aspects of that crisis.
• Experience of negotiation/advocacy/mediation
Skills and abilities
• Ability to organise own workload and prioritise competing demands.
• IT literate, including use of word processing, spreadsheets, databases and e-communication.
• Ability to deal with difficult customers and maintain positive working relations.
• Ability to achieve targets and methodically respond to changing demands and priorities.
• Excellent inter-personal skills, with an ability to develop a rapport with and guide residents towards sustainable outcomes.
• Ability to negotiate with households in housing need and influence outcomes
• Commitment to motivating and empowering people to succeed and providing excellent customer service
If you wish to apply then please send your CV below and contact Thomas Humphreys at Spencer Clarke Group as soon as possible.