~ Housing Options Officers ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with both Wirral Council & Cheshire West and Chester Council to appoint Several Housing Options OfficerS to their Homeless Prevention Teams.
3 – 6 month agency contracts with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Full Time Position. (36/37 Hours per week)
Locations – Wirral & Cheshire.
Rate of Pay – £14.57+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
*** Candidates need knowledge of homeless legislation (Part VII of the Housing Act 1996/2002 and the Homeless Reduction Act 2017/2018) ***
About the Role;
To provide housing options advice to members of the public following an assessment and carry out casework, with the primary aim of preventing homelessness.
To make determinations on homeless cases in accordance with Housing Act 1996 part VII (as amended) and the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017/2018.
- To act as the first point of contact for advice, assistance and support to provide an efficient, friendly and responsive service to all customer and stakeholder enquiries either in person, by telephone, home visit, email or in writing.
- To assess homelessness applications and make sound decisions, ensuring that the Council’s obligations under the Housing Act 1996, Part VII (as amended) and the Homelessness Reduction Act are complied with and once assessed and investigated make decisions on the duties owed.
- To review Personal Housing Plans with customers to ensure successful outcomes and.to prevent and relieve homelessness by exploring all options and utilizing ‘prevention tools’.
- To work in partnership with the Council’s Contracted Support Provider to prevent and relieve homelessness, in particular ensuring that customers with support needs are referred for support.
- Make referrals to, and liaise closely with, other agencies in order to provide appropriate housing solutions to contribute to the delivery of service objectives to ensure that the service contributes effectively to tackling social exclusion, worklessness, debt and overcrowding.
- Arrange suitable temporary accommodation for eligible homeless households in priority need, preventing the use of Bed and Breakfast, wherever possible.
- Represent the Housing Solutions service at a range of operational meeting as directed by the Housing Solutions Team Leader(s).
- Eligibility to Work in the UK. (Passport, Birth Certificate etc)
- Reference Contact Details covering the last three years of employment.(Names, Numbers and email addresses)
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.