Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Oldham Council to appoint 3x Housing Pathway Advisor to their Homelessness Service.
Contract – 4 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
37 Hours – Full Time Position.
Location – Oldham, .
Rate of Pay – £12.93 – £15.96 per hour – Higher rates can be negotiated for more experienced candidates.
About the Role;
To provide support to the Council in delivering its statutory homelessness duties by taking homeless applications in an effective manner and ensuring the council is legally compliant, providing an out of hours service and meeting performance targets and standards.
– Provide a professional and effective housing options interview and homelessness investigation, taking a full application from customers and ensuring duties are carried out at the relevant stages within homelessness legislation.
– Assess customer’s needs accurately in accordance with the Care Act 2014, the Children Act 1989 and all relevant housing legislation.
– Undertake detailed casework with customers who are homeless or threatened with homelessness. This includes an assessment of legal duties owed, housing and support needs, the production of Personal Housing Plans and consideration of all suitable interventions and potential solutions to prevent homelessness.
– Write and issue all required notifications, letters of referral to other authorities where the customer’s local connection lies elsewhere and outcome letters to advise the customer of the outcome of their initial interview. This includes ‘minded to letters’ and the drafting of the statutory s184 notification letters which must be approved by a manager before being sent.
– Organise specialist help and make referrals on behalf of customers to support them with specific problems e.g. substance misuse, mental health, debt management.
– Provide the Council’s Out of Hours Emergency Housing Service and Cold Weather Provision on a rota basis with other colleagues. To provide advice or practical assistance, including placing customers where it is established that they are roofless.
– Eligibility To Work In The UK (Passport)
– Three Reference Contact Details (name, numbers and email addresses)
– Driving Lisence & access to a vehicle.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please contact email@example.com OR call Dane Matthews on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.