Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Wakefield Councilto appoint an HR Improvement Officer to their team.
Contract – 3 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis
Working Hours – Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Rate of Pay –£15+ per hour. Negotiable Depending on Experience.
About the role
The post will support the Children & Young People directorate achieve the outcomes outlined in the transformation plan that relate to HR.
- To work with the HR Business Partners on providing timely business focused and professional advice and support on a range of HR and employment issues to the councils senior managers and customers, development pragmatic solutions that focus on enabling service delivery.
- To work with Senior Managers, partner organisations and customers on a wide range of issues relating to workforce planning, e.g. organisational change, wellbeing, performance.
- To lead on, and contribute to, specific projects in response to changes in legislation or working practices within the Council and to ensure those projects are managed effectively
- To provide strategic advice to Senior Managers across the Council on policy matters and support the development of policies in order to better meet the needs of managers and services.
- To take a lead on implementing new ways of working, that supports the business, to drive continuous and sustained performance improvements and efficiencies.
- To support the development and delivery of a customer focused HR Service.
- To ensure performance standards are maintained to drive sustained and continuous performance improvements, efficiencies and value for money within agreed monitoring/reporting framework and standards.
Spencer Clarke Group supply to over 80 Council’s nationwide and if you would like to find more about any roles we have available, get in touch and contact one of our consultants.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and contact Richard on 01772 954200 as soon as possible.