Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Hampshire County Council to provide them with an Independent Scrutineer on a 2 year contract which may be extended into an ongoing contract.
This role is up to 2 days per month and offers a pay rate of £450-£500 per day. This is negotiable dependent on your experience.
As a successful Independent Scrutineer, your duties will be:
- Provide independent scrutiny to the Safeguarding Board, ensuring that it fulfils its statutory responsibilities set out in the Care Act 2014 and other related guidance to work collaboratively to safeguard and promote the welfare of adults in Hampshire.
- Provide effective and objective scrutiny and challenge and act as constructive critical friend as well as promoting reflection to drive continuous improvement to both the partnership and safeguarding practice.
- Scrutinise on how organisations hold each other to account to take corrective action and improve services where issues of poor performance and practice are identified.
- Consider how well the safeguarding partners are providing strong and effective leadership and agree with the Safeguarding Partners how this will be reported.
- Provide assurance to the Safeguarding Board and its partners that organisations have strategies in place for addressing priorities, gaps and risks and how effective they are.
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Sound knowledge of strategic and operational Adult Safeguarding.
- Extensive knowledge of the Adult Safeguarding agenda and related guidance.
- Substantial experience of effective leadership at a senior level within a multi-agency context.
- Extensive experience of developing strong and productive partnerships at an executive level.
- Strong aptitude and appetite for strengthening multi-agency working, acting as the professional leader for multi-agency working and for the statutory partners.
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. firstname.lastname@example.org / 01772 954 200