~ Information Management Officer ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Wirral Councilto appoint an Information Management Officer to their team.
3 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Hours – Full Time Position.
Location – Wirral, CH44 8ED.
Rate of pay: £20.71+ Negotiable depending on experience.
*** The ideal candidate will have a background in policy writing, a clear understanding of what factors determine data retention periods, and the ability to work with senior level stakeholders. ***
About the Role
We are looking for an Information Management professional with experience in information governance, including creation and updating of corporate policy around information and records management, information management reviews and comprehensive data audits, and gathering info from service areas to feed into this.
- Play a key role in the review of information management practice across the council, particularly in light of increased home and mobile working.
- Develop, review and update records management policies and procedures, ensuring all are current and represent best practice.
- Maintain a comprehensive, up to date knowledge of record keeping legislation and best practice.
- Provide expert strategic and operational advice and guidance on records management issues in relation to these responsibilities.
- Monitor the use of information systems across the council to ensure the creation and maintenance of records of optimal value that also comply with legal and moral responsibilities.
- Gather data for the review of information management practice across the council and feed into recommendations of this review.
- Review and update all RM policies including ROPA and data retention.
- Feed into the further development of the Information Asset Register.
- Ensure officers use corporate and line-of-business information systems correctly to create and maintain records in line with legal and moral responsibilities.
- Provide record keeping input to the digitisation of council records to ensure that digital objects may be managed efficiently and in line with legal responsibilities and be relied upon for evidence if required.
- Use of technology to support implementation of policies, including Microsoft SharePoint for document management.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport or Working Visa)
- Reference Contact Details covering the last two years of employment. (Names, numbers and email addresses)
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in knowing more about the roles available and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.