Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Oxfordshire County Council to provide them a with a Leaving Care Personal Advisor for UASC to join their team on a 3 – 6 Month Contract, likely to be extended.
This role is 37 hours per week and offers a pay rate of £15.00 – £17.00 per hour. This may be negotiable dependent on your experience.
The purpose of the job: To be responsible for providing flexible support and advice to young adults aged 18 – 25 years, who are preparing and planning to leave care including throughout their transition to adulthood in accordance with the Leaving Care Act requirements and Immigration Act 2014.
As a successful Leaving Care Personal Advisor, you will:
- Act as a case manager and develop positive working relationships with young people.
- Encourage and empower young people to participate in all decision-making processes affecting their lives and involve the peer consultation workers in this process when appropriate
- Provide and access various information, advice, planning and preparation, and holistic support to meet young people’s developing needs, especially in health, housing and post 16 careers.
- Ensure that services are planned and delivered in a way which thinks about young people’s rights in relation to the services provided, acts on the view of the young people and is able to demonstrate that their rights are reflected in the way that the post holder, and his/her staff, work with young people.
- To support through the Immigration process and Triple Track Planning with the young person.
To be considered for this role, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- Ability to study to NVQ level 3-4
- Minimum of 2 years of working with young people up to 25 years within clear boundaries
- A working knowledge of issues for young people such as; Immigration, Housing and welfare benefit systems, Career and training opportunities, Health Promotion, Mental Health Issues, Drug & alcohol misuse, Offending behaviour etc
- Knowledge of Children Act 1989 and Children’s services policies and procedures.
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Thomas Humphreys @ Spencer Clarke Group – firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers