Spencer Clarke Group are working in Partnership with Richmondshire Council to appoint a Licensing Enforcement Officer to their team. The role is on a full time, agency contract for a minimum of 3 months which is highly likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
Working Hours – Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Rate of Pay –£20+ per hour. Negotiable depending on experience
About the role:
To carry out a range of enforcement activities in relation to licensed premises, persons and activities within the scope of the Licensing Service.
Key Duties include:
- To process applications for licences and registrations which fall within the remit of the Council and the Environmental Health and Housing Options Service.
- To inspect premises and vehicles for compliance with regulations and licence conditions including visits outside normal working hours as required.
- To ensure that hackney carriage and private hire vehicles are subject to mechanical examination by approved garages at appropriate intervals.
- To undertake checks on licence applications (where appropriate) with the DBS.
- To investigate requests for service, including interviews with members of the public, licence holders and other stakeholders, and where necessary initiate appropriate enforcement action.
- To maintain appropriate records in relation to licences.
- To undertake ad hoc visits and research to ascertain whether illegal or unauthorised operations exist and take appropriate enforcement action.
- To carry out such administrative duties commensurate with the post and to keep and maintain records.
- To operate ICT systems associated with this post.
- To undertake such other duties of a comparable nature and level of responsibility as may be required from time to time by the Environmental Health and Housing Options Manager.
- To support the efficient implementation and continuing development of the shared service, to agreed objectives for both authorities.
Get in Touch!
We supply to over 80 Council’s nationwide so if you would like to know more about our vacancies, please contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated, expert consultant with extensive market knowledge.
Here are just a few of the benefits of working with us:
- Access to a huge range of excusive temporary and permanent opportunities
- Subsidised training specific to your role
- Loyalty Reward Scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers.
- Market Leading referrals of up to £500.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please contact Richard at Spencer Clarke Group as soon as possible on 01772 954200.