Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Basingstoke & Deane Council to provide them with a Planning Assistant on a 6 month initial contract that may be extended.
This role is 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday and offers a pay rate of £22-£27 per hour.
As a successful Planning Assistant your duties will be:
- To consider and recommend decisions on development proposals and facilitate sustainable development in a proactive, collaborative and proportionate approach with all customers to include applicants, agents, consultees, neighbours and other interested parties.
- To deal with day to day correspondence and enquiries from members of the public and their professional advisers on planning development and compliance matters and to provide professional advice in a clear and friendly manner which meets the needs of the recipient.
- To provide assistance to the Planning Development Officers in processing major and sensitive applications, enforcement cases and appeals. In particular, to deal with amended plans, discharge of conditions, specialised consultation, research of site histories and post decision work.
- To consider alternative design solutions to development proposals when the submitted application fails to meet adopted planning policies or standards and negotiation minor amendments with applicants and their agents where appropriate.
- To prepare statements of case for appeals dealt with under the written representation procedure.
- To manage a caseload of minor planning applications, inspect the sites and make recommendations to the Planning Development Manager and the Development Control Committee where appropriate.
- To check planning conditions to ensure that they are properly complied with and for this purpose carry out necessary site inspections and follow up work in liaision with the Compliance Officers.
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers