Islington Council are currently working alongside Spencer Clarke Group to recruit an Principle Auditor
The roles are Full Time and operates on a 6+Month ongoing contract We are looking to get people started as soon as possible.
The hourly rate is £25.97 to £28.41 Negotiable dependent upon experience and we are hoping to get someone started as soon as possible.
Working hours – Full Time
ü To contribute to the development of risk based audit plans in order to achieve an efficient and effective service and in line with recognised professional practice.
ü The Principal Auditor will lead on audits in any of the council’s areas. The execution of projects will require that the auditor :
- Focus on strategic and high risk elements of the council’s operations. Accepted recommendations in audit reports will necessarily impact on people, property, finance, budgets, policies, objectives, targets, etc. both inside and outside the department and, if necessary, the authority.
- Provide specialist input to the development stages of restructures, reorganisations and controls redesign. This is with a view to applying risk management and control design expertise to the change initiatives which have an impact on service provision, the public or other organisations.
- The work will cover all of the council’s activities. This may include complex, cross-cutting strategic reviews across all departments of the Council, reviews of the effectiveness of the council’s partnerships and contracts with external organisations, and establishment audits
- Review, appraise and report on the adequacy of risk management arrangements and internal controls with the ability to assimilate complex and diverse material in order to reach professional and balanced conclusions;
- Evaluate the risk management arrangements and control environment by appraising its effectiveness in achieving Islington’s objectives. This assessment contributes to the annual internal audit opinion provided to the council on the overall robustness of these areas
- Professional CCAB/ or CMIIA qualification and proven substantial experience in a senior audit position or part qualified with at least extensive experience in a senior audit position.
- A thorough understanding and extensive experience of undertaking risk based auditing in a complex organisation.
If you know of anyone that may be suitable and interested in the role, please pass on this advert and our details and activate your £250 referral bonus
We also have a number of role across the UK so get in touch!!!
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more information, please contact Khalsa at Spencer Clarke Group