Spencer Clarke Group are currently recruiting for a RASWA Inspector to work in the Wakefield area.
A local authority based in Wakefield have a fantastic opportunity for a RASWA Inspector to join their team.
Overall Purpose of the Post:
- To provide operational and technical support within the Network Management Team, assisting the Team Leader in ensuring the effective and efficient running of the team in meeting its obligations under the Traffic Management Act 2004, New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 and Highways Act 1980 including the inspection of all works affecting the Highway Network.
- The post-holder will report to the Network Management Team Leader and senior officers of the Council on matters relating the Network Management Team.
- Specifically this post will be responsible for supervising and providing day to day management of a team of professional officers, systems, procedures and operational matters and to provide technical advice to colleagues dedicated to ensure activities on the District’s highways are being delivered in accordance with current legislation.
- Specifically this post will be responsible for managing day to day inspection, monitoring and compliance duties to ensure activities on the District’s highways are being delivered in accordance with current legislation and to the Wakefield Permit Scheme as adopted.
- The post-holder will be required to attend site to assess the impact of disruption on the Highway network and to put steps in place to keep highway users safe.
- This role requires inspection and compliance matters that result from of activities associated with all works promoters and event organisers.
- The post-holder will report to the Highway Network Manager and senior officers of the Council on matters relating the Network Management Team.
- Well-developed knowledge and understanding of financial processes.
- Sound knowledge of efficient office management processes.
- Sound knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Detailed Knowledge of the Yorkshire Common Permit Scheme
- Detailed Knowledge of Project Management.
- Detailed Knowledge of the Traffic Management Act and NRASWA
- Detailed Knowledge of Signing and Guarding at Road Works 2014
- Detailed knowledge of highway construction, specification and standards
- Knowledge of Highway Liceneces
- HNC civil engineering or equivalent in a relevant subject or relevant experience
- In an associated subject.
- ECDL or other recognised ICT qualification
- Certificate of Competence (Supervisor) – City and Guilds of London Institute
- Demonstrable and significant relevant work experience in a RASWA highways or utilities environment
If your interested in the role and would like to apply please email your up to date CV to email@example.com or call Chris on 01772 954 200