Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Slough Borough Council to provide them with a Recovery Officer on a 3-6 month initial contract that may be extended.
This role is 37 hours per week, Monday – Friday and offers a pay rate of £17.55-£21 per hour. Negotiable dependent on experience.
As a successful Recovery Officer, your duties will be:
- Ensuring the recovery cycle is followed and completed for Council Tax accounts for all stages of recovery, including post liability order action.
- To ensure all arrears accounts are actively pursued by monitoring and ensuring that enforcement action is not being held up, through effective case management to maximise income.
- Analysing and monitoring post liability order actions including Enforcement Agent case selection and review, Committal, Bankruptcy, Charging Orders, and other actions as required.
- To negotiate and make payment arrangements with customers who are in arrears using income and expenditure details to inform sustainable solutions for Council Tax debt
- Trace absconders using Experian or other information held to obtain payments
- Attending and representing the Council at Liability Order and Committal hearings
- Liaising with external bodies such as Enforcement Agents, Department of Work and Pensions and Solicitors
- Conduct office interviews and deal promptly and courteously with all forms of communication with the general public in accordance with the Councils Customer Care Code and other agreed guidelines
To be considered, you will have the following knowledge/experience:
- To have experience of using the Capita Academy system for Council Tax Recovery.
- Understanding of automation of recovery on academy, to assist in releasing cases that becomes stuck in the system in order to maximise recovery.
- Reconciling academy with enforcement agents’ data – ability to track and correctly allocate misallocation of payments and notification of adjustments effecting Liability Order balances
- Working with third party to identify and manage cases passed for charging order and bankruptcy
If you wish to be put forward, please apply below and contact Cameron Nicholls @ Spencer Clarke Group. email@example.com / 01772 954 200