~ Researcher ~
Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Greater Manchester Police (GMP) to provide them with a Researcher to join their National Borders Targeting Centre.
3 months agency contract which is likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
*** Applicants who are successful for the agency temporary roles will be eligible to apply for the permanent roles. ***
Full Time Hours – 36 Hours per week.
Location – Please note the address can’t be confirmed until you have passed your vetting – it is close to Manchester Airport.
Rates of Pay – £12.63+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience following a successful interview.
Job Role Purpose;
- To scan and evaluate intelligence/information from open and closed sources and research various databases (both internal and external) to provide a thorough collection plan to enable the ability to produce accurate intelligence assessments.
- To produce accurate research summaries utilising all available intelligence in order to provide direction and focus for CT Policing.
- Working to strict time deadlines to identify and research all available data in relation to problems, patterns, trends or threats, risk and harm both regionally, nationally and internationally and where appropriate for further analysis by the Data Analyst.
- To prepare and deliver research findings in writing and to deliver verbal presentations, as required both individually or in support of the Data Analyst.
- To liaise with internal units, other regional forces and the national co-ordination centre to ensure the appropriate sharing of information and intelligence, in line with all relevant legislation and policy.
- To design and undertake research and evaluation projects, including background research and devising and implementing an appropriate methodology, including drawing up Terms of Reference and milestones.
- To liaise clearly and confidently at all levels throughout the organisation and with external law enforcement and partner agencies, and to represent the Unit and/or region when applicable or when directed by the Data Analyst.
- To be responsible for the secure filing and retrieving of paper based documentation during any incidents and/or day to day work.
- To promote and comply with GMP’s policies on health and safety both in the delivery of services and the treatment of others.
- Comply with and promote equality legislation and GMP’s policies on diversity and equality. Take steps to eliminate unlawful discrimination, advance equality of opportunity and foster good relations.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport)
- Reference contact details covering your last Five years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
- Enhanced DBS & Barred list check. (Children & Adults)
- Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500.
- Post Placement Aftercare.
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.