Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Liverpool City Councilto appoint an SEN Casework Assistant to their team.
Minimum 3 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Location – Liverpool, L24 0TY.
Hours – Full Time Position. (35 Hours per week)
Rate of Pay – £13.06+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
*** Experience with writing/amending EHCP’s (Educational Health Care plans) or IEP’s (Individualised Educational Programmes) is essential ***
** Looking for candidates to start straight away **
About the Role;
To assist the Education Officers in co-ordinating amendments to EHC plans following annual reviews and assisting with the placement of pupils in appropriate provision.
- Assist the Education Officers, SEND in the co-ordination of the statutory assessment process for pupils with SEND ensuring that they are supported in mainstream environments wherever possible and appropriate in accordance with the SEN Code of Practice 2015, the City Council’s SEND Strategy and the graduated approach to meeting SEN.
- work within all statutory timescales relevant to each stage of the statutory assessment process.
- Assist Education Officers in the drafting of EHC plans, ensuring that they contain SMART outcomes and are written in clear and concise language.
- Amend EHC plans under the direction of the Education Officers as a result of changes required following annual reviews, changes in placement etc.
- Ensure that parents/carers and children and young people are at the centre of all planning and review.
- Ensure that children and young people attend maintained schools in Liverpool wherever possible and appropriate in accordance with the SEN Code of Practice 2015 and that every possible effort is made to support them within the City.
- Liaise closely with partners, in particular Social Care and Health in the carrying out of an EHC assessment.
- Support parents and carers in consideration of whether they wish to request a Personal Education budget for a child or young person with an EHC plan and to advise them of the process involved in such considerations.
- Keep up to date with all changes in SEND legislation, policy and guidance.
- Advise parents on all aspects of the EHC assessment process.
- Work closely with the Education Officers on all aspects of dispute resolution including any follow-up actions.
- Eligibility to work in the UK. (Passport, etc.)
- Reference contact details covering your last Two years of employment. (Names, Numbers and Email Addresses)
- DBS & Barred list check.
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare
- Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Dane on 01772 954 200 as soon as possible.