Spencer Clarke Group are working exclusively with a North West Local Authority to appoint Several SEND Key Workers to their team.
Contract – Long Term Agency contracts with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Rate of Pay –£250 per day
About the role:
To be the keyworker for children with special education needs and their families while undertaking statutory assessment or with education health and care plans (EHCP), supporting them through the process and ensuring appropriate education provision to meet their needs.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Fulfilling the Council’s statutory responsibilities in respect of the identification, assessment and provision for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
- Leading EHC casework, and the effective management of an efficient statutory assessment service for children and young people, including being a Key Worker for children, young people and their families, ensuring they are involved in the process throughout.
- To deliver a high quality, child and person-centred service, producing Education, Health and Care Plans together with children/young people and their parents/carers in a timely manner, ensuring they are aware of the local offer and deliver the best outcomes for the child/young person.
- Management of a caseload which includes plan writing, placement search and consultation as well as ensuring timely and effective annual reviews
- To work in a multi-agency arena, ensuring that all relevant assessments and reports are sought, received and utilised for EHC assessments and reflect in EHC plans
- To prepare all information required for panel and present assessments and plans at panel recording and implementing decisions.
- Working in partnership with other services, schools and colleges to secure suitable provision for children and young people, which meets their specific needs.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Richard on 01772 954200 as soon as possible.