Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside Wakefield Council to provide them with a Senior Planning Officer to join their teamon an interim for 3-6 months which is likely to be extended on an ongoing basis.
Rate of Pay £16 – £20 per day– Negotiable depending on experience.
About the Role: To take a lead role and assist the Council and its partners to deliver outcomes on major and complex planning applications, provide pre-submission advice, deal with appeal case work in order to secure the best planning outcome.
Prepare professional reports and produce and present evidence for appeals. Ensure that planning policies and procedures are applied and adhered to and represent the Council as required.
- Responsible for a case load of larger-scale-complex application types; appeals; associated pre-application discussions and post decision negotiations which might raise significant policy issues or involve major regeneration schemes and business proposals ensuring consistency of procedures and approach, and promoting quality in all aspects of urban design
- Responsible for ensuring that planning applications are dealt with according to agreed targets and timescales represent the department in contact with the public, Elected Members and external organisations
- Be responsible for the analysis of submitted plans and supporting information, negotiating with consultees, applicants and their agents and answering queries from members of the public and their elected representatives.
- To assist in the process of preparing the Council’s evidence for appeals and appear on behalf of the Council at Public Inquiries and/or Hearings as necessary.
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Richard Shorrock @ Spencer Clarke Group
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
- As a First Tier Supplier across many local authorities nationwide, you will have access to jobs earlier than other agencies.
- Market leading referrals of up to £500
- Free DBS checks
- Post Placement Aftercare