Spencer Clarke Group are currently recruiting for a Service Manager to work in the Southampton area.
A local authority based in Southampton have a fantastic opportunity for a Service Manager to join their team.
Purpose of the role:
To seek to regenerate significant areas of the city leading to increasing numbers of homes, jobs, businesses, and associated facilities and services. Making Southampton an even better place to live, work and visit
- To maintain membership of an appropriate professional body and adhere to all professional codes of conduct including taking responsibility for own continuing professional development.
- To lead the development of masterplans for focus areas within the city, this may be through the work of internal teams made up of staff from across Place or it may be through the appointment of a team of external consultants.
- To develop clear briefs for the development of the masterplans including the development of supplementary planning documents where required. To develop, monitor and manage robust programmes outlining the timescales involved.
- To effectively manage the communications surrounding the delivery of masterplans.
- To develop approaches, seek approval and implement the delivery of the masterplan through partnerships with key stakeholders and potentially joint venture opportunities.
- To work with tenants who wish to redevelop their site and seek to maximise the benefit to the council and city as a whole through these negotiations.
- To negotiate the content of commercial leases to with tenants.
- To manage the team and the productivity of all staff including, monitoring of performance and support through one to ones and team meetings.
- To carryout resource planning to ensure that all staff are effectively utilised, that staff time is recharged to project codes with budgets.
- To comply with all health and safety legislation, council health and safety policies, management plans and safe working procedures
- Full Membership Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors.
- Minimum 10 years post qualification experience.
- Demonstrate experience of being involved with master planning. Demonstrate experience of negotiating with commercial to secure the best outcome for the council, city and development.
- Proven experience of managing a team to deliver a complex range of projects.
- To be able to prioritise, delegate and manage multiple tasks, projects, programmes to meet deadlines.
- To be able to work under direction where required but also using own initiative.
- Proven experience of effective communication with others in a negotiating and persuasive manner.
- Ability to engage effectively both face to face and in writing with a wide range of audiences including: the clients, community, stakeholders, contractors, consultants, councillors, executive directors and all others that the postholder needs to work with
If you’re interested in the role and would like to apply please email your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chris on 01772 954 200