Spencer Clarke Group are working closely alongside a Local Authority in Northamptonshire. We are looking to recruit a Strategic Finance Business Partner on a 6 month contract.
· Full Time Role
· Rate Negotiable depending on experience (annual salary equivalent £50,795.00 to £62,474.00)
· 6 month contract
Requirements: Qualified Accountant.
Your duties and requirements (not limited to):
· Provide financial expertise and assurance to contribute to the strategic leadership of the Finance Division and to support the Children’s Trust finances
· Provide financial expertise and assurance to support the Head of Finance in the effective management control of the Children’s Trust’s Medium Term Financial Strategy, corporate revenue budget, and capital programme
· Support the Head of Finance in servicing the strategic financial needs of internal customers and to lead and develop the provision of their accountancy, budgeting and financial advice
· Have a professional input into all financial strategies including the financial budgetary process including the Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP), Capital Programme and budget monitoring
· Provide professional financial guidance to Cabinet Members, Directors and Senior Managers
· Provide high level advice on accounting, budgeting and financial management to Councillors, Service Directors and other managers
· Develop effective relationships with appropriate national bodies and other local authorities
· As a designated Strategic Finance Officer, you will design and deliver bespoke financial training packages to Councillors, Officers and budget managers as required
· Lead the development of financial business processes both within Finance and Directorates and support the implementation of these improved processes
· To facilitate the execution of the Children’s Trust’s Use of Resources and Value for Money strategies by providing financial support, analysis and interpretation
And much more…
What we are looking for from you!
· You must be able to manage a very large section of staff with a very high degree of professionalism, be capable of motivation during a high degree of procedural and cultural change
· Proven experience of communicating effectively with professional and technical finance staff and operational managers
· Understanding of how local government works, including the specific complexities of local government finance, and the major influences and challenges it faces
· Proven experience in the areas of financial planning, control and reporting
If you wish to be put forward for this role, please apply and contact Lauren Bailey @ Spencer Clarke group firstname.lastname@example.org
WHY SPENCER CLARKE?!
Here at Spencer Clarke Group we provide workers with their own dedicated and experience consultant who provide extensive market knowledge!
Ø Access to a wide range of temporary and permanent opportunities
Ø Market leading referrals of up to £500
Ø Free DBS checks
Ø Post Placement Aftercare
Ø Loyalty reward scheme and regular competitions for our agency workers