Your key responsibilities and requirements will be:
- Facilities Management provide catering, cleaning and caretaking services to Schools, Academies, Nurseries, and NYCC corporate accommodation.
- The Technical Support Manager manages the support team to Facilities Management and other NYCC Services which includes quality assurance, monitoring, inspection and training to ensure compliance with legislation and good working practice with regard to food safety, health and safety and risk management and NYCC policies and procedures.
- The Technical Support team also monitors suppliers and services, develops recipe and menus with nutritional analysis using Saffron software, offers ingredient and allergen advice, provides external and in house training and advice on equipment and kitchen planning.
- We are a ‘fresh food’ organisation encouraging children and young people to choose healthy food with the aim of increasing the uptake of school meals.
- An enhanced Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) clearance is required
- The post holder must be flexible and be able to travel extensively across the County and in bordering counties where required
- Responsible for the management of the support team which includes a Quality Systems Manager, a Training Manager, a Training & Development Officer and 3 Monitoring and Training Officers.
- Responsible for the monitoring and inspection service of the catering and cleaning in schools and other services ensuring SLA’s are met and ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Identify training needs and develop training plans and courses
- Plan menus with the support of the Training and Development Officer which are popular and compliant and recipes are fully tested and systems are kept updated
- Assist the Head of Traded Services in setting budgets for the Training, Monitoring and Inspection services and the Heavy Equipment Replacement Scheme and they are managed effectively.
- Provide specialist advice in kitchen planning and purchase of new equipment.
- Responsible for ensuring there is consistency of training and safe systems of work across the services to ensure compliance
- Best practice in facilities management which includes catering and cleaning
- Financial management
- Performance management
- Knowledge of recognised practice standards in relation to the specialist area
- Knowledge of the legal framework for working with the Service
- Specialist knowledge of catering and cleaning industry
- Awareness of current national developments in the specialist area
- Knowledge of nutrition and planning nutritionally balanced menus
- Level 4 Food Safety
- Professional Catering Qualification Level 3 or equivalent
- IOSH Managing Safely
If you wish to apply for this role then please respond with your CV.