Your key responsibilities will be:
As part of the Wakefield Highways Traffic Engineering and Design team, to formulate plans for surveying, recording, amending and implementing both existing and proposed school keep clear markings and ensuring they are all fully enforceable. This will include the development of new Traffic Regulation Orders or amending existing Traffic Regulation Orders.
The post holder will be fully responsible for all stages of the traffic Regulation Order Process (e.g. writing, co-ordination, consultation process etc.)
- Responsible for the assessment of requests from Local Members, Statutory bodies and the general public for traffic measures and if considered appropriate the identification, design and preparation of the relevant traffic management schemes.
- The design and issue of all types of signing and lining for relevant schemes, and improvements, in accordance with appropriate regulations and specifications in compliance with Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
- Drafting and processing of traffic regulation orders under the Road Traffic Regulation Act and record keeping and maintenance of the associated databases and filing systems.
- Prepare scheme proposals in detail using CAD software packages, such as AutoSIGN, KeyLINES, KeySIGNALS, KeyACCIDENTS as appropriate.
- The preparation of estimates, the issuing of works orders for the relevant schemes, site supervision and checking accounts for payment.
- The preparation of draft Committee Reports and correspondence to MP’s, Local Members, Town and Parish Councils. Responsible for the preparation of correspondence to general public for general traffic matters.
- Undertake site surveys associated with the above and attend meetings as appropriate.
- The accurate presentation and record keeping of the above data.
- Provide traffic management input to proposals for implementation of relevant schemes.
- Offer guidance/advice and direction to trainees on technical matters.
- Represent the Department at meetings as required to offer advice and make recommendations on traffic management related matters.
Qualifications and Skills
- The ability to use Autocad and associated traffic engineering tools.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions and The Traffic signs Manuals.
- A working knowledge of The Road Traffic Regulation Act.
If you wish to apply for this role then please respond with your recent CV.