Spencer Clarke Group are currently recruiting for a Workshop Manager to work in the Enfield area.
A local authority based in Enfield have a fantastic opportunity for a Workshop Manager to join their team.
Purpose of the role :
- Develop and manage the organic and profitable growth of the commercial operations of the workshop
- Ensure resource management and financial planning are key components to delivering leadership and management of the service.
- To provide effective leadership and management to the workshop operations and be responsible for the overall workload, staffing, financial and other resources within the service and to ensure the value for money and excellent service delivery to stakeholders and external customers
- To develop strategic and operational ways of working that enable greater commercialisation diversification of the services and promotes service generated income
- To be responsible for ensuring the services operate in compliance with relevant legislation, statutory duties and council polices to ensure the Borough is a safe place to live and work and everyone has access to the protection they may need
- Reporting to the Head of Fleet and Transport for the operational management, development and delivery of the Council’s front-line services for Fleet workshops & Fleet Commercial Services These services are
- Fleet Operations – maintenance and management of c.160 owned asset vehicles and 130 items of plant
- Fleet Commercial Services – servicing, inspections and repairs to third-party commercial fleets, including and additional c. 150 vehicles currently operated by LBE, and an addition 150 third party managed assets
- Experience in a management capacity in the service under the remit of this post
- Experience of and ability to manage budgets and bring forward savings
- Significant experience of managing a frontline workforce effectively
- Experience of delivering service to commercial clients
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams and working collaboratively with other services
- Ability to take on new and additional services within the fleet department and develop them to deliver results
- Ability to strategically develop services to enable commercial diversification In depth technical knowledge of workshop operations and mechanical expertise
- Experience of managing a commercial vehicle workshop
- Management and or technical qualification relevant to the post, including relevant technical qualifications
- Certificate of Professional Competence in Road Transport Management
- LGV Driving Licence
If you’re interested in the role and would like to apply please email your up to date CV to email@example.com or call Chris on 01772 954 200