Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Bradford Council to appoint a Group Accountantto their team.
Contract – 3-6 Month agency contract with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis
Working Hours – Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Rate of Pay –£26+ per hour. **Negotiable Depending on Experience.**Please state rate you require.**
- Direct and manage a professional accounting team in the provision of financial and management advice and information to a range of Council services.
- Work in conjunction with the Business Advisors to provide a comprehensive financial service to Strategic Directors and their managers.
- To prepare financial reports for Service directors and their management teams. These reports to be consolidated into revenue monitor reports to the Corporate Management Team and Executive.
- Ensure the provision of accurate, timely and relevant information, linking it to performance information to support business needs.
- To identify business solutions whilst ensuring principles of best value, value for money and risk management are embedded in service delivery.
- Develop and promote more effective ways of delivering the financial service to meet the needs of business users.
- To promote the finance function by making an effective contribution to the Business Service management team.
- Manage, lead and motivate a team of staff who provide professional, high level financial advice to senior management. The team consists of a minimum of 10 staff qualified to CCAB/AAT level.
Spencer Clarke Group supply to over 80 Council’s nationwide and if you would like to find more about any roles we have available, get in touch and contact one of our consultants.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV to email@example.com and contact Richard on 01772 954200 as soon as possible.