Spencer Clarke Group are working in partnership with Liverpool City Council to appoint an HR Business Partner to their team.
Contract –Long Term Agency contract until January 2020 with a view to being extended on an ongoing basis.
Working Hours – Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00
Rate of Pay –£20+ per hour – Negotiable depending on experience.
About the role
Provide the full range of employee relations services in support of an overall employment framework for various clients, in both the public and private sectors;
Be responsible for a personal caseload of complex cases;
Establish the highest professional standards and ensure that all services are provided in an efficient and cost effective manner
- Ensure that the overall employment framework of the various clients is applied consistently across all organisational areas and that it is understood and complied with by relevant line managers.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to line managers on the full range of employment matters including employment law, policy implementation, disciplinary and grievance handling, trade union negotiations and dispute resolution.
- Undertake a personal caseload (including the co-ordination of redeployment matters where appropriate), to be managed within prescribed timescales and specific SLAs, providing employee relations problem solving support to line management, contributing to an outcome focused environment that demonstrates support for management policy and practices and improved services.
- Where appropriate, attend disciplinary and/or grievance hearings, appeal hearings and Employment Tribunals in order to assist management and attend meetings/project groups with staff and/or trade union officials as part of the general consultation, negotiation, arbitration and improvement processes.
- Where appropriate, and in accordance with any external SLAs, undertake investigatory/disciplinary processes through to appeal stage and prepare all necessary reports through to the drafting of Employment Tribunal statements.
- Undertake the preparation of reports and assist in general research projects including both strategic and general employment policy/procedure reviews and development.
- Ensure that establishment controls are in place for a relevant Directorate and have overall responsibility for maintaining the Directorate establishment.
Spencer Clarke Group supply to over 80 Council’s nationwide and if you would like to find more about any roles we have available, get in touch and contact one of our consultants.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please send a copy of your most recent CV firstname.lastname@example.org and contact Richard on 01772 954200 as soon as possible.